Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fuzzy Fish and Almond Green Beans

Guess which dish was a hit and which wasn't?



If you guessed the green beans with almonds was a hit, you'd be right.

My youngest daughter, the fish lover, called my fish "fuzzy".

Fuzzy!?!

She elaborated that I added too much lemon zest so that it looked like the fish was growing grass.

That's funny as I zested the fish with orange, not lemon. She challenged me to taste it which I already had. I added the orange so I know darn well it wasn't lemon.

I thought the fish was okay, if not fabulous, and should have been marinated longer.

The green beans were very tasty so I'll provide the recipe.

 
GREEN BEANS WITH ALMONDS & GARLIC
 
 
INGREDIENTS:
 

16 ounces French style green beans
2 tblsp butter or margarine
garlic salt
2-3 tblsp almond slivers

DIRECTIONS:

Melt butter in a small sauce pan.

Add green beans and almonds. Then very generously sprinkle garlic salt on top of the green bean and almond mixture. Mix well.

Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Then simmer on low heat for another 10-15 minutes.

Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment