Saturday, April 6, 2013

Nutella Gravy

This morning I was tuned into Trisha's show on The Food Network and her friend Tina made the most delicious looking chocolate gravy and biscuits.

I've never heard of chocolate gravy but that didn't stop me from salivating.

For dinner, I made biscuits and my own version of chocolate gravy as I didn't have a pinch of cocoa in the house. Nor did I have self-rising flour. To top it off, I didn't have whole milk, just 2% milk.

It turned out great and the biscuits were gone lickity split even though I had to force the gravy on my picky eating youngest daughter as she thought it looked yucky. One taste and she was a convert.


NUTELLA GRAVY
 



Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
3 heaping tblsp Nutella
1 1/2 cups 2 % milk
1 tblsp butter
4 tblsp all-purpose flour

Directions:

Make a batch of biscuits. You'll want a minimum of two per person as these are yummy.

Melt the butter and Nutella in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat.

After the Nutella softens, mix in the sugar, milk and flour. Stir continuously until it thickens.

Pour over warm biscuits. Enjoy!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment