Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ranch Salmon Fillets

At work today my lunch group talked about the wonderful salmon M enjoyed last night. He paid $17 for a large fillet he bought at Costco's that made 5 meals for he and his partner. He didn't merely mention it, he enthused at least half the hour about how wonderfully delicious it was.

I looked at my daughter who also works with us, and her expression was dreamy. Obviously, visions of sashimi danced in her little brunette head. If she could, she'd eat sashimi every day.

I hankered for a taste of salmon, too, after that. Who wouldn't?

After work, my daughter and I made a bee line for BJ's. I don't have a Costco membership and BJ's is around the corner and they have good prices on salmon, too.

I also bought some ranch dressing then brought the little darling home as soon as I spent too much.

When I got home, I was nice and let my daughters take a chunk to make their beloved sashimi.

Then I made my Grandma's macaroni and cheese to accompany this delicious salmon recipe.

To be honest, I had my doubts that ranch dressing would taste good on fish, but I am so glad I tried this. It was awesome and it's definitely a new favorite. It was a hit with my entire picky family.

I hope you'll like it, too.

Ranch Salmon Fillets
 
 
 
INGREDIENTS:
 
Salmon (or any fish of your choosing), enough for your family
 
2 eggs, beaten
 
2-3 cups Flour
 
1 Tblp Salt
 
1 Tblsp Black Pepper
 
2 Tblsp Seasoned Salt
 
2-3 cups Bread Crumbs
 
2-3 cups Ranch Dressing
 
2 large ziplock bags (I used 1 gallon freezer size)
 
Non-stick cooking spray
 
 
DIRECTIONS:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
 
Lightly coat a large glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
 
Cut fish into one portion pieces.
 
Beat eggs in a medium to large mixing bowl. Two eggs was enough for 10 servings.
 
Prepare two ziplock bags, one with flour, pepper, and salts, the other with bread crumbs. Pour a good amount of Ranch dressing into a second bowl.
 
Dip the fish into the beaten egg. Coat thoroughly. I worked on 3-4 pieces at a time.
 
 
 


Next put the egg-coated fish into the flour bag. Securely close the bag. Shake well until the fish is thoroughly coated in flour.
 
 
 
 
Now dip the flour-coated fish into the Ranch dressing. I used my fingers to make the dressing stick. I put the dressing on thick. This is messy so I washed my hands inbetween each step.
 
 
 

 
Then drop the ranch-coated fish into the baggie with the bread crumbs. Make sure the bag is securely closed. Shake well until thoroughly coated.
 
Place the fish into a large glass baking dish.

 


 
 
 
Bake the fish for about 30 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.
 
Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment