Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hash Brown Cakes

I love to watch Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, on the Food Network. I'm also on the hunt for new breakfast recipes. So when the pioneer woman showed how to make hash brown cakes, my ears perked up. I bet they looked positively Vulcanish.

Luckily I recorded the show to watch again because I left out a crucial step (or two) the first time I made these neat little egg nests.

So pay attention better than I did if you want the yummy version, intead of my first bland version.

There's nothing more blah than a bland potato.

So what did I forget? I forgot to cook and season the hash browns before topping them with the egg. I also cooked them a little too long. My granddaughter was bouncing her yolk around like a ball.

So please, cook and season your hash browns so no more innocent potatoes die in vain.


HASH BROWN CAKES
 

 

INGREDIENTS

Hash Browns (either make your own from scratch or buy frozen)
Fresh Eggs, enough for at least 2 per person
Salt
Pepper
Non-stick cooking spray

DIRECTIONS

Spray non-stick cooking spray into a muffin tin. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.

Tuck your hash browns into each muffin indentation in the muffin tin. Make the hash browns look like a nest, with a well in the middle. Generously season with salt and pepper.

Cook the hash browns for 15 minutes.

Remove the hash browns from the oven.

Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.

While the oven is heating again, crack one egg into each nest. Season each egg with salt and pepper.

When the oven is ready, cook the hash brown cakes for about 3-5 minutes. Don't cook too long unless you want to make your own bouncy balls.

When cooked properly, these are delicious.

Thank you Pioneer Woman!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment